We are Participating/Preferred Providers for following Insurance carriers:
FYI: Nutrition services for Diabetes or Kidney disease are a covered benefit by ALL insurance providers. Some stipulate limits and co-payments. However, nutrition service coverage for other diseases vary based on carrier and plan. Suggest all patients considering dietary support call their insurance provider and inquire if "Nutrition Services are a covered "benefit" on your plan." SMART Nutrition will confirm patient benefits/eligibility upon receipt of referral.
- Highmark/Blue Cross Blue Shield of WNY and most out-of-state affiliates
- Health Republic Insurance
- Independent Health and NOVA plans.
- Magna Care
- Medicare (Limited to Medical Nutrition Therapy assocaited with Diabetes Self Management Education/Support and Chronic Kidney Disease)
- Mohawk Valley Physicians (MVP)
- United Healthcare and EMPIRE plans
- UNIVERA Commercial
- WELLCARE of New York, Inc.
Healthcare Collaborative Benefits
- Assessment of the individual’s specific education needs
- Identification of the individual’s specific nutrition-related goals
- Education and behavioral intervention directed toward helping the individual achieve identified goals
- Evaluation(s) of the individual’s attainment of identified self-management goals
- Proper documentation of all education encounters
- RD session notes for HCP review and inclusion into patient’s records
- RD insurance billing
How to Refer Patients
A simple two-step process:
Step 1: Complete our “Referral Form”
Step 2: Fax or attach to email the following:
- Patient's insurance card (front and back)
- Most recent laboratory data
- Patient's Medical and Physical History
- Completed Referral Form
Fax: (877) 704-5354
Email: [email protected]*
*We can establish a secure password to ensure all patient email sent or received remains HIPAA compliant. Please call for details.