Proudly serving all of Western NY
SMART Nutrition by Frank is headed up by NY State Licensed, Board Certified Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist (RDN), Frank Giardina, proudly serving all of Western NY. He has been in the field of food/nutrition for over 14 years and believes that nutrition is at the core of integrative health. Frank completes a comprehensive nutrition assessment for all patients to ensure their nutrition intake matches unique energy and nutrient needs for a broad variety of clinical conditions, general wellness, performance and the prevention of chronic diseases including arthritis, cancer, cardiovascular risk, diabetes, various immunological disorders and metabolic disorders.
Frank gives patients the direction and encouragement they need to use effective dietary and lifestyle strategies to set and reach their S.M.A.R.T. goals. SMART is not a self-serving term, but actually an acronym that stands for SPECIFIC, MEASURABLE, ACHIEVABLE, RELEVANT, and TIME-BOUND. Specific goals help patients state exactly what they want to accomplish (who, what, where, and why). Measurable goals help patients evaluate and measure their progress. Achievable goals help patients think through what they can actually accomplish. Relevant goals help patients focus their goals and relate them into their overall objective of what they want to achieve. Time-bound goals help patients set a time-frame or due date for when they want to achieve their goal.
- Diabetes Self-Management Education and Counseling
- Renal/Kidney disease Education/Counseling and appropriate Meal Planning
- Altered Gastrointestinal disorders: such as Celiac spru (Gluten allergies and intolerance), Crohn’s, IBS, Ulcerative colitis, Gastroparesis, Food allergies/sensitivities, etc)
- Dietary Strategies to improve Hypertension and High cholesterol
- Adult and Child/Adolescent Weight Management
- Sports Specific Nutrition Planning
- Eating Disorders and Disordered Eating Patterns